Effective Legal Solutions To Significant Business Disputes
From his offices in New York City, business law attorney Edward Weissman represents corporate and private clients who have civil litigation claims worth $100,000 or more. These claims typically involve commercial transactions and business relationships.
Mr. Weissman brings over 30 years of litigation experience to the practice of law. He maintains a respected reputation for diligent preparation and fearless representation. This, along with his impressive record of results, has earned him the nickname "The Bulldog."
Mr. Weissman represents both plaintiffs and defendants in actions involving:
- Business disputes such as breach of contract claims and breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Commercial fraud such as inducing one party into an improper investment
- Unfair business practices, including allegations of unfair competition
- Shareholder disputes, including "freeze-outs" and "squeeze-outs"
- Business dissolution, sometimes called "business divorce"
- Creditor rights and related debt collection matters
He counsels clients at all stages of business disputes, including in alternative dispute resolution (ADR) forums such as mediation and arbitration, and in trials and appeals.
Formidable Advocacy From Start To Finish
Lawyer Edward Weissman recognizes the importance of proactive planning with clients to avoid unnecessary legal entanglements. He also stresses the need for immediate and aggressive legal representation designed to resolve commercial law disputes in a timely, cost-effective manner.
Mr. Weissman works with clients to develop tailored plans of action for identifying business goals, protecting legal rights and minimizing any negative impact on the business. When trial becomes necessary, however, Mr. Weissman is a formidable and seasoned advocate.
Request a free initial consultation regarding any business or commercial litigation matter by calling the Law Offices of Edward Weissman at 212-937-1520. You can also contact the firm by email.